• Rev. Nolan Gingrich served the Church of Christ congregation until 1985. He was well liked and had a difficult task working with the German congregation which was sharing the building 50 % and had twice as many members.

  • In 1969, a 49 year lease was worked out for ½ time and space usage between both congregations for the amount of $30,000.

  • Between 1963 and 1968, various pastors served the congregation. The congregation was very stressed with a heavy mortgage load of their new church building. Pastor Guenter Strothotte who formerly served Church of the Cross knew that they were looking for a larger Church. He approached Pastor Fritz Rehn from Church of the Cross.

  • July 8th 1956: the new church on 41st and Ash Street was dedicated.

  • From 1951 to 1962, Rev. Eric S. Brynjolfsson, who came directly from Iceland, served the congregation. He was instrumental in the development of the church-building endeavour.

  • For 12 years, the congregation held their Worship Services at the Danish Lutheran Church. Since 1953, the German Church of the Cross held their services in the afternoon after the Icelandic Service.

  • In 1941, Rev. R. Marteinsson, from the Board of American Mission, was sent to Vancouver to establish a mission and on March 8, 1944, the Icelandic Lutheran Church was organized with 100 members.

  • History goes back to 1917 when Rev. S. Olafson from Blaine, Washington organized a congregation in Vancouver. This church dissolved in the thirties but occasional services were held at the Danish Lutheran Church.